Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

More bad news...

for Sadi that is. I took her to the vet yesterday (Thursday) and they sedated her so they could do an x-ray and check her back left knee for displacement. Turns out, her cruciate ligament is at least partially torn. This is the same thing that happened to her right knee which began the succession of surgeries. Yes, she is going to have to have surgery on her left knee now. There are a couple of different options for surgery though. One, I can take her to A&M and they can do the fancy "new" TPLO surgery- the same one she had done on her right knee in Italy- which has a 6-8 week cage rest recovery period. I think we all know how well she does in cages...she doesn't! Or, she can be operated on by a retired specialist and her vet here in Lubbock. This surgery is less invasive and has a 2-3 week cage rest recovery period.

This surgery needs to be done sooner rather than later so that if her ligament isn't completely torn, it doesn't get that way which will help her recover faster and it will help the surgery to go more smoothly. It just breaks my heart that she has to go through this AGAIN! I just hate to see her in pain. She has had one tough year. Feb. 5 of 2009 was her very first surgery. 4, soon to be 5 surgeries later she can't evenly distribute her weight on her back legs. For Sadi's sake, I pray this surgery is her last...EVER! I know she is "just a dog" and some of you don't feel about your animals the way I do about Niki and Sadi but please keep her in your prayers, she has had more than her share of problems.

Anyway, just thought i would share. A lot of you saw Sadi go through her first 3 surgeries and you all know how I feel about our girls. Ok, sticking to the facts so I don't get emotional...stupid hormones!

If she has a surgery and her hair hasn't grown back by this summer, do you think I will need to put sunscreen on her leg so it doesn't burn? Just curious!

No comments:

Post a Comment