Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 23 and update

My first pseudo Mother's Day has come and gone. Had a good day hanging out with family, grilling burgers and veggie kabobs. Daniel and I went to see Iron Man 2...good movie. It was entertaining but I don't think it will win any awards. I found out today that my sister-in-law, Randa, has been accepted into nursing school, set to start in August. We are very excited for her. Way to go RAY! Also heard from Jared today and he is now officially a Mission Commander! He flew his upgrade ride last night. It was part of a Large Force Engagement (LFE) exercise so he was in charge of choreographing the dance that included about 30 aircraft, from S. Korean to American F-16s and F-15s. I am so proud of him! Today has been a great day!

The baby is still moving around a lot and I still love it! I leave Lubbock in 9 days and will see Jared in 10 days. We will open the envelope and be able to appropriately refer to our little one very soon. I can't wait for Jared to be able to put his hands on my belly and feel our baby move around. Oh, and it would seem that the baby sure does enjoy an occasional glass of sweet tea!

I thought I might share my latest picture. I am now at 23 weeks in the picture below. I see Dr. Casanova on June 2 and I believe it is then that I will do my glucose test. I think I have to drink some sort of orange juice and then wait an hour. Sounds less painful than giving them my blood!



Also thought I might include pictures of the girls since I had them on my computer. Aren't they cute? Those faces would never lead you to believe that they claimed another victim in the backyard on Saturday...this time it was a possum!



4 comments:

The Roberson's said...

Yesterday was just an all around good Monday. happens very rarely! I went out to school today and I am officially registered for nursing classes. Go me:)

Brandi and Jared Shackelford said...

Yeah Randa!!!!

Anonymous said...

How am I just now discovering your blog! I love it! I can't wait to find out that you guys are having. You look just lovely! I tried voting...but it wouldn't let me :( I think it's a boy. Which probably means its a girl b/c I'm bad at guessing.

Tyler & Laura said...

I hate to break it to you, friend, but you drink the sugary stuff and THEN they take your blood! It's not too much, but there are definitely needles involved. Give yourself some time to mentally prepare--it'll be fine! Safe travels!

Post a Comment