Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

New (interesting) news!

Ok, so recently Jared and I were looking at photographer websites to find one here in Lubbock that would be able to do maternity and newborn photos for us. After looking through a gazillion different websites on google, I found one by the name of Cyndi duPont. I looked at the website for about 15 min and then decided I liked her pictures the best. She happens to be a maternity and new born photography specialist. I sent the link to Jared and what was the firs thing he noticed? He noticed the one thing I had not...they are looking for maternity and newborn models. So of course, being the sweet husband he is, (and knowing exactly what to say to a hormonal pregnant woman) he told me I should apply and that I would be a shoe-in. Initially I laughed and said thank you but soon found out that he was serious. So, with the thought in mind that we might get free photos, I told him I would look into it. Really I just wanted to find out how you turn down a pregnant woman without making her cry!

I sent in an e-mail and told them I was interested in both the maternity model position and the baby model. Within the hour I heard back from Cyndi duPont. She asked for a recent photo and a short bio. With it being the end of the month, I took my end of the month photos and used some of them to send to her. The photos below are what I sent her.






I had lots of help to get into this rare form. My favorite make-up counter at the mall, Bobbi Brown, did my make-up. My favorite on the spot hair dresser did my hair, Randa, and my favorite cousin with a great camera and skills to go with it took the photos. Randa was also the artistic coordinator. I...dressed myself.

So, I sent the photos in with my short bio to the photographer this morning and only a couple of hours later I get the following e-mail from her:

Hi Brandi,
I would love to use you as a model. LOVE your hair!! We shoot our maternity models at 4 weeks from delivery. If you will call the office 806-789-7750, Dawn will get you on our calender. I use our models to try new poses, lighting, etc and there's some ideas that I've had that I've been waiting for the right model. I think you'll be perfect!
If you have a long dress like the one that you had on in the pictures that is very "flowy", I would love for you to bring it.
I look forward to meeting you.
Thanks
Cyndi duPont

So, apparently I have been "hired" to be a maternity model. When I called to get details I asked what was involved...for instance, am I volunteering (or do I get free photos out of this- although I didn't directly ask that)? I don't get free photos but I do get to do a maternity modeling session and a newborn session and don't have to pay the studio fee for either. I also get a CD of all the photos taken, although they still have copyright on them so I can't take the CD anywhere to get the photos printed. I can however upload them to my computer (or iPhone as Dawn stated). Basically I save $300 in studio fees + will have an electronic version of all the photos for free. I can order any of them I want of course.

Now, I told her that I was going to want to do maternity pictures with Jared also. So that will be it's own session we have set on August 30. Let's hope I am not as big as a house on that date since it is less than a week before I am due, but let's also hope baby Shack is still in residence! My modeling session is set for Aug. 9. The baby modeling session will be 5-7 days after the baby is born. Jared will still be here for that one so he will be involved there as well.

So, that is the latest news. I am not quite sure how to process this. Some of you might know that I really am not good in front of a camera, I don't feel natural but apparently I have the right hair...nothing ventured nothing gained right? Oh, and I asked Dawn what these pictures will be used for and she said they would maintain all rights to the photos and could use them on their mail outs, website or any other promotional item they create. All of the photos (maternity or newborn) will be ready 2 weeks after the newborn shoot.

Ok, other news, this sweet child o'mine is definitely a mover and a shaker! I feel him/her all the time throughout the day. I wonder when he/she sleeps! All is going well though. I have been feeling great and yesterday marked week 22. My next appointment isn't until I get back from Korea when I will also be starting my last class for my certification. I get to see Jared in 18 days and am getting more anxious by the day.

I hope you are all well, talk to you again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you are a model now! That is so cool (=
I am happy for you and glad that you have a blog too! Oh and yes, you and Jared will be wonderful parents! Lots of Love, Lana

Post a Comment