Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ok, so here we are, almost a week in and all 3 of us have gotten sick already. I picked up a bug on the trip over here and the first couple of days was out for the count, and so were all the contents of my stomach! I got well in time to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner but then I was nice enough to share my bug with Jared and so on Thanksgiving night, he saw his dinner twice. Sorry baby! Now Jared and I are feeling great and little bit (Savannah) has some major congestion and due to said congestions is coughing. She doesn't have a fever thankfully. I am not sure what she has is the bug Jared and I had or some sort of allergic reaction to Korea. I suppose we'll see.

Besides that all is well. No, N.Koreans are not running down the hallways in the dorm. It is rather quiet here. I am not sure if it is because this is just another example of our northern neighbors acting up or if it is the calm before the storm. Either way there is no need to worry about Savannah and I. Should something happen Savannah and I will be on the first plane out, leaving those who are trained to take down tiny asians behind to do their job. Geez, last time I was out the N.Koreans blew up a S.Korean ship, this time they blow up an island...I guess they really don't want me to see the DMZ. With tensions how they are further north they guys aren't allowed to go far. Oh well!

As we all know, Savannah is ridiculously cute...no, beautiful. Well, as Jared's commander put it "how perfect she is." Everywhere she goes (yes, she goes and we follow- that is the way it works in a stroller folks!) she is a hit! At the combined squadrons Thanksgiving meal she made grown, manly men melt and I wasn't actually sure we would get her back from his squadron commander who held her for 45 min! I certainly didn't mind, I like eating with 2 hands. She didn't protest either, she promptly fell asleep on his shoulder and stayed that way for the majority of the time in his arms. When he finally gave her up she was passed from person to person until it was time for her to eat. I felt like part of Savannah's entourage, as we left people were addressing her first then Jared and I. Yes, my 2 1/2 month old is already a star! We are blessed!

Below is Savannah's Korean grandmother. We refer to this lovely lady as "ma-ma." She runs a restaurant in A-town and man is her food good! She was taken by Savannah (who isn't!!) and dubbed herself the "korean grandma" for Savannah. I think she said the korean word for grandma too but I can hardly keep up with her talking, switching back and forth from Korean to broken English. She also said the Korean word for beautiful about 100 times but I can't remember that word either.



Ok, I'll keep you updated if anything changes. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are gearing up for the cold weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment