Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Hello from Alabama!

Hello all, what a crazy ride it has been these past couple of months. Here is the quick version of what we have been up to and where we are now.

December 16 Jared, Savannah and I left Korea, America bound! We spent a couple of wonderful days in Seattle visiting some friends (Thanks again Randy, Jean and Maggie!) then travelled to Austin where we spent the Christmas holidays. Savannah went to her first ballet, The NutCracker and on Christmas Eve we baptized her and that very same night, Savannah played baby Jesus in the Church play...already a star! My parents came to Austin so that we could all be together for Christmas and we didn't think my brother and sister-in-law were going to be able to make it down but they surprised us at the church right before we baptized Savannah. It was a wonderful surprise. I was very glad Daniel could be there for the Baptism since he is the "God Father". We named Jared's sister "God Mother." I put them in quotes because since they aren't married (to each other) they are technically called witnesses. Anyway, We all spent a wonderful Christmas morning letting Brenden (my nephew) open all the gifts...he would get a gift 1/2 way open then move on to the next one. The next day we headed to Lubbock and that week we packed and shipped my goods to Vegas and wrapped up loose ends. Savannah had her 4 month well baby check-up (2 weeks early) and is doing great. She weighed in at 15 lbs, was 24 in long and is already in the 75 percentile for her size. She also got her 2nd round of immunizations...I tear up every time she looks at me when she realizes she's been "shot." Sorry baby girl. We rung in the new year at a country club called Chances R where we danced the night away. We had a blast!!! Jared and I haven't danced like that in years. Everyone was there, mom, dad, Daniel, Randa and a bunch of our poker buddies. We left Savannah with some family friends and man did I feel guilty leaving her.

On Jan. 3 we started our drive to Montgomery Alabama. This brings us to where we are now. Jared is here for SOS (Squadron Officer School for you non-military type). We have 2 more weeks left and I have to say, I don't know what all the fuss is about SOS. I love it! Jared goes in around 8, gets out for a 1-2 hour lunch every day and then goes back just to finish his day around 3 or 4! I actually get to see Jared during the day and he is working? wow! So far while we have been here we have had to chance to drive to the Atlanta area and see a good friend on a last minute trip (It was great to see you Corby!) and last weekend we flew to Washington DC and stayed with the Jarrells. I hadn't been to DC before and Jared used to live there so he played tour guide to me all weekend. Savannah did amazing traveling. She kicked it in the stroller all day while we walked around and napped. There is too much to see and do in DC for just one weekend so I look forward to another visit. This trip though we got to go to Arlington, The Archives, the Natural History Museum, the Holocaust Museum and we walked the Mall from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial. This weekend we are going out to one of Jared's class mates land and Jared is going on his first deer hunting trip. While I will not join him in this adventure, if he brings back meat, I can pretend it grew on a tree like all the rest of the meat I eat. :-) Next week Savannah and I are going to go to Tampa to visit family. They haven't met Savannah yet and I figured, while we are on this side of the country we might as well make it down there. I can't wait to visit, they are going to absolutely love Savannah...but hey, who doesn't when they meet her?!

After that trip Jared and I will only have 1 more week in Alabama when we will start our journey to Las Vegas. We will pass through Texas to visit family again and head westward. We will be in Vegas mid February until Jareds transition course in Alamagordo New Mexico starts at the end of March. We will then be in New Mexico until the beginning of July then back to Vegas we go.

Now, I have to talk about Savannah some. In her short 4 1/2 months of life she has been to Texas,(Lubbock, Austin, Tyler), New Mexico (Cloudcroft), Korea (Osan, Kunsan), Seattle, WA; Peachtree City, GA; Montgomery, Alabama; Washington DC, soon Florida (Tampa), Nevada (Las Vegas) and New Mexico (Ruidoso and Alamagordo). She is learning so quickly and watching her just doesn't get old. She is rolling over all the time now (from her tummy to her back), she plays with her feet all the time and just in the past few weeks she has started talking non-stop! I love love love listening to her. She has so much to say. She even talks herself to sleep. When she is awake her eyes are open wide taking everything in and she is such a good baby. She doesn't cry unless she is hungry or needs a new diaper. Jared and I are so blessed with her. She smiles at everyone, all you have to do is talk to her, and what a beautiful smile it is (sometimes you don't even have to talk to her and she will have a smile for you anyway). She is getting close to sitting up on her own and is just moving all the time. February 11th she will be 5 months...where has the time gone? I wish I could pause time and enjoy her at this age, this size for a bit longer before she blows right by it and starts asking me for the keys to the car. I try to take in and enjoy each day as it comes, relish in the little moments. I enjoy the little touches she has for me, like when she touches my face, holds onto my lip or puts her head on my chest to sleep. She also loves to suck on her blankets. Often when she is laying on her back she will pull the blanket up over her face then wave her arms to the side, when I pull it off her face she smiles and does it again. She will do this over and over so I watch her to make sure she doesn't fall asleep with the blanket over her face.

I could talk about her all the time but for now I will stop and finish this "quick" update. Below are some pictures from our adventures.

The fish guys tossing Savannah like a fish at Pike Market in Seattle.


Seattle in the distance. Jared, Savannah, Maggie and Randy


At the beginning of Jared's sweep (it is like a going away party) in Kunsan.


Savannah's winnings in the raffle at the church Cookie drive. Not even kidding (except for the basket) she won mom and dad a $50 gift certificate to Abuelos, the table centerpiece and a $20 bill! The start of her college fund!


At the ballet


The pilot invited Savannah into the cockpit on the flight from DC to Atlanta!


In front of the Lincoln Memorial


In front of the Washington Monument

No comments:

Post a Comment