The week after I found out I was pregnant I ran in my very first triathlon! Our friends Matt and Kara Hepp inspired me (and kicked my butt in it!). It was definitely difficult but my guess is it would have been easier if I had actually put in the 12 weeks of training instead of 3 weeks! But hey, I made it and I beat the old guy in orange (no picture added) - he kept trying to push me off the road on the run!
We have also done some exploring in the Las Vegas area. We went rock climbing with some friends at Red Rocks just outside Vegas and had a blast.
Family photo before my lead-climb in order to set 2 top ropes! I felt very cool!

Here Jared is belaying me.

We also hit up a pumpkin patch that also had a petting zoo. Savannah has no fear. She walked right up to each of the animals and pat it on the head. She did that until the duck took a bite at her hand. I was a bad mom...I laughed so hard when she screamed and started crying! She was fine, don't turn me in, you would have laughed too if you saw the her startle like she did! the picture that follows is the moment directly after she got snipped by the duck.
For Halloween, Savannah had 2 costumes. She was a tiny fighter pilot for a play date and then for trick or treating she was the cutest ladybug you have ever seen!
Savannah and Liam (our friends son who is staying with us) on our way to collect!
At the play date.

Most recently, Savannah and I went to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay with our friends Lance and Lana Ferguson and their son Liam. Savannah had such a good time! She was running through the place pointing at all the fish she could see. We will have to go back again very soon!

And just for good measure, here is one taken just today. She is such a happy girl and loves the slide!
No comments:
Post a Comment